Saturday, July 12, 2008

Crockpot French Dips




Very easy, tasty recipe.

Put a beef roast in crockpot. I love using the crockpot bags. Makes cleanup so easy.
I use 2 packages of Au Jus Gravy Mix and 2 packages of zesty Italian Dressing Mix for about a 5 pound roast. Also 2 cans (about 3 1/2 cups) of beef broth. I also add a little cajun spices. Mix well. Pour over roast. Cook about 4 hours on high. I have an auto setting on my crockpot and I use that. It cooks for an hour or two on high then goes down to low. After 4 hours I flip the roast over and let go another 3 hours. Remove roast, slice and put back in gravy. Let cook about 1 more hour. Enjoy on french bread or your favorite bread. Serve the gravy on the side for dipping.

We usually have fries or chips with them. Yum! Also freezes well.
If you try it let me know how you like it.

No comments: