Here is the recipes we had on August 1st.
Serve as meal over mashed potatoes or pasta or over french bread as an appetizer.
20 each (16/20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 oz canola oil
1 tablespoon plus 5 tsp green onions, chopped
2 oz dry white wine
1 tsp fresh chopped garlic
4 tbl worcestershire sauce
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp paprika
8 oz butter
1. Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add oil and cook shrimp until they are just done, you will have to do in batches if your skillet isn't large enough. Don't over crowd the pan. Remove shrimp and set aside.
2. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add white wine and reduce by half.
4. When wine is reduced, add the garlic, worcestershire, tabasco, cayenne, and paprika. Shake the pan well. Cook for one minute. Reduce heat to low.
5. Cut butter into small chunks and slowly add to pan. Stir to melt butter. Add shrimp and toss well to coat with the butter mixture. Can garnish plate with green onions.
Bacon Wrapped Chipolte Shrimp
1 lb 21/25 shrimp
12 slices bacon
1 cup honey
5 oz chipolte tabasco sauce
3 tbl cajun power garlic sauce
Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around shrimp securing it with a toothpick and set aside. Combine all other ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Heat skillet and add 2 tablespoons of oil. When skillet is hot, add bacon wrapped shrimp. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Cut off heat and add sauce mixture tossin shrimp till covered completely.
We had both of these with a loaf of whole wheat french bread.