Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chicken Pasta Salad with Tropical Fruit Dressing

This is my lunch today.

Here is the recipe with the changes I made.

Chicken Pasta Salad with Tropical Fruit Dressing

It is very good. And even better the next day.

I left out the curry, bell pepper and green onions. It is still very good. I did add salt and pepper.

1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken ( I used thighs)
6 oz fusilli pasta ( I didn't measure)
1 small can pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup juice reserved
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp curry powder
1 cup mandarin orange sections, packed in juice (I used the 11 oz can and drained it
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 green onions, chopped

Cook chicken for several minutes in boiling water (I added 4 chicken cubes to the water) until thoroughly cooked and then cut into chunks.

Cook pasta in water from chicken according to directions; drain. Allow to cool to room temperature. DO NOT RINSE IF YOU COOKED IN THE CHICKEN WATER.

Combine pineapple juice, mayo, sugar, and curry powder. I added salt and pepper. Stir in pasta, chicken, pineapple, mandarin slices, bell pepper and green onions. Mix well and chill for 1 hour before serving.

No comments: